For many women and men, the development of wrinkles and lines on the face is something that’s feared. No one wants to start seeing the signs of aging. We all want to keep that youthful glow, firm skin and sexy appearance for as long as possible. “A common concern for many men and women I work with is the formation of wrinkles on their faces,” said Dr. Ali Adibfar, one of Toronto’s best plastic surgeons. “Wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process, but they can have a significant impact on a person’s appearance and self-confidence.”
Preventing wrinkles from ever forming isn’t something we can fully control. However, aside from medical spa procedures like laser facial rejuvenation, Botox and other plastic surgery procedures, there are many simple ways to slow down the formation of wrinkles. As we age, our skin’s collagen levels begin to deplete. This causes the skin to lose its elasticity and firmness that is synonymous with youthful vitality.
“Typically, when a man or woman enters their 20s, the collagen levels begin to reduce,” said Dr. Adibfar. “This natural process speeds up as they enter their 30s, 40s and 50s. While our incredibly effective Botox procedures can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines, there are small lifestyle changes a person can make to actually slow the formation of wrinkles.”
Dr. Adibfar – the medical director at one of Toronto’s best medical spas – shared some simple tips that can help minimize the signs of aging and prevent wrinkles at any age.
4 Expert Tips to Slow the Formation and Prevent Wrinkles
1. Limit your exposure to the sun: Sunbathing by the pool, soaking up the rays at the beach or enjoying the beautiful patios along Yorkville Avenue with friends are some of our favourite activities during the summer. Now that winter is almost here, we’re starting to think about our vacation away in St. Barth’s or Hawaii. But overexposure to the sun and its UV rays can actually speed up the aging process. This means that wrinkles and lines can become visible at an early age.
As much as we love the sun, it can cause wrinkles, lines, blotches and an unnatural skin tone. “UV rays can also dry out the skin and damage the elastin and collagen that our skin needs to prevent sagging,” said Dr. Adibfar, a top plastic surgeon in Toronto. “While we aren’t suggesting you fear or avoid the sun, it is important to minimize overexposure and use sunscreen to prevent any unnecessary damage to your skin.”
2. Place a lot of value in a good night’s sleep: Have you ever heard of getting your beauty sleep? Well, it isn’t just a saying. Sleep has many health benefits that can contribute to a healthy body, mind and soul. If our body is deprived of sleep, it produces excess cortisol, which is a hormone that can actually break down skin cells. “Getting the right amount of sleep can help with cell growth and skin cell regeneration,” said Dr. Adibfar, the medical director of Toronto’s luxurious Elements Wellness and Medispa. “It’s important to place a lot of value in the sleep you get because it can help keep you looking and feeling young.”
3. Limit the amount of alcohol you consume: Sipping champagne with friends at ONE restaurant, enjoying a bottle of wine at a dinner party or having a beer while you watch the Maple Leafs aren’t signs of a bad lifestyle. However, consuming too much alcohol can have significant impacts on your body. “Overconsumption of alcohol can reduce the levels of Vitamin A in a person’s body,” said Dr. Adibfar. “Vitamin A is a very important antioxidant for the skin, which helps with collagen production.”
Being conscious of the amount of alcohol you’re consuming an understanding how it impacts your skin and its aging process is key to maintaining your youthful appearance. This is a simple and effective way to prevent wrinkles.
4. Be careful when applying make-up: As we apply eye-liner, blush or any other type of make-up, we can often be a little rough on our faces. Many women will pull or stretch their skin during this daily beauty process. It’s a habit that many people develop over the years. However, pulling the skin can stretch it and actually contribute to the formation of wrinkles. To prevent wrinkles, when you’re getting ready to step out on the town, take a moment and be delicate with your face. It will pay off in the end.
BONUS TIP From One of Toronto’s Best Plastic Surgeons
5. Get Botox to prevent wrinkles: Did you think Botox was just used to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles that were already present? While Botox is a great way to improve your appearance, it can also be an amazing preventative medical spa treatment to help reduce the formation of new wrinkles and lines. By partnering with a trusted medical spa who understands how to administer Botox effectively and safely, you can actually prevent the development of wrinkles on your face. Take a moment to find out more about Botox and its powerful preventative benefits.
Do you want to prevent wrinkles from forming?
Contact our Elements Wellness and Medispa team to book your initial consultation at our Yorkville Toronto medical spa today. Under the watchful eye of Dr. Ali Adibfar – Elements’ Toronto Medical Director – we’ll review your specific beauty goals. From there we can identify the best medical spa treatments that will deliver the results you want.
Stay Connected and Get Trusted Advice Your Can Count On
Don’t forget to follow Elements Wellness and Medispa on Twitter, Facebook, G+ and Y
Have specific questions? You can ask Elements Wellness and Medispa’s Medical Director – Dr. Ali Adibfar – questions about any procedure on RealSelf. You’ll receive trusted, professional advice and insight that is specific to you and your body!
Why Choose Toronto’s Best Medi Spa – Elements Wellness and Medispa to Prevent Wrinkles?
The Elements Wellness and Medispa team believes that internal wellness is directly connected with your physical appearance. We will work with you to make sure that you achieve both the internal and external results you want.
Together, we’ll discuss your goals and needs as well as answer any questions or concerns you might have about your treatment.
Most importantly, the Elements Wellness and Medispa team takes the time to educate you on the treatments available so you’re informed and can be comfortable with the journey you’re about to embark on.
Get to know Dr. Ali Adibfar – Elements Wellness and Medispa’s trusted Toronto Medical Director and one of Toronto’s best plastic surgeons – by taking a closer look at his credentials, education, me
Leave A Comment